Fat Buddha Blog
Top Weed Trends of 2023 March 08, 2023
The Art Of Glass Blowing - Bongs March 03, 2023
Fat Buddha Glass- The BEST Bongs March 01, 2023
Search by Topic
Top Selling Bongs
TOP SELLING PIPES
How To Use A Bong
Have you been wondering how to use a bong to smoke your dry herbs? If so, we give you the complete low down in the expert guide. Read on and find out all you need to know about this popular and effective way to get your hit.
What Is A Bong?
A bong is simply a filtration device through which you can smoke herbs. It comes in a number of forms, but in its simplest form it is merely a cylindrical tube that has water in the bottom. There will be a hole above the water level to accommodate a stem and a bowl. When the cannabis inside the bowl gets burned, smoke will be produced and sucked down the stem and under the water. Here it gets cooled down and bubbles into the chamber where you can inhale it in. Since the smoke gets whipped up as it’s being filtered through the water, using a bong makes the smoke creamier, thicker and more pleasant to inhale.
Bongs come in all shapes, sizes and materials. Some are simple and functional, others are ornate and decorative. However, they all serve the same purpose. Some bongs are ceramic while others are plastic or wood, however the best bongs of all are made from glass.
The Percolator Bong
A percolator bong is a little more complex than a standard bong. It features a main chamber which is divided into several small chambers, all with their own filter. As these offer even more filtration they produce smoke which is even cleaner tasting and creamier than the traditional simple bong.
The Honeycomb Filter Bong
The more chambers a bong has, the more filters it will have and the better the smoke will taste. Honeycomb filter bongs are often said to be the very best bong of all thanks to the quality smoke they produce. These are a little more high maintenance since they’re trickier to clean, but they produce very thick smoke.
A Step By Step Guide To Using Your Bong
- Add water carefully to the bong through its mouthpiece. Try as much as possible to get the water stream directly to the bong’s bottom.
- Add sufficient water so the bottom filtering portion of the stem is covered. Around 1.5” above the end of the stem will probably be sufficient – if you don’t add sufficient water you’ll get dry hits whereas if you add too much, water will be sucked up the stem.
- Remove the bowl and pack it with your dry herbs. You can use ground marijuana or just break up your nugget so it burns more evenly.
- Light your herbs with a lighter held directly to your bowl. As you’re lighting, put your mouth into your mouthpiece then suck gently, keeping an eye on the flame.
- Once your bowl is alight, you can stoke the bowl.As soon as the volume of smoke inside your bong reaches the amount you want to inhale, stop sucking, breathe, and then pull the bowl from its stem and inhale strongly into your lungs.
- Make sure you regularly change the water inside the bong as this has a direct effect on the taste of your smoke.
- Don’t overfill the bong and always keep a close eye on the chambers’ water level.
- Make sure you keep your bong clean.
- If you’re inexperienced with smoking cannabis, take care when using a bong as the experience can be a potent one.
Although using a bong might be a new and unusual experience, it’s certainly one that’s worth trying. Now you know how to use one, it’s time to invest in your own!
Was This Blog Helpful?
Answering this question will help us provide the best user experience for you and other readers.